Sunday 27 May 2012

Now it's time to sober up and get on with it.

On Wednesday I won the Myriad Editions Writer's Retreat competition. I can't begin to describe how pleased I am. Just to be shortlisted was fantastic but to win when up against some fantastic entries, couldn't have been more overwhelming.
My entry was the first 5000 words of my novel I've been working on. The celebrating started with a couple of glasses of wine on Wednesday evening, curtailed by the massive headache the excitement of the day had brought with it.
Thursday saw a few more drinks, Friday a couple more and Saturday, well I think you get the picture.
This morning, I felt enough was enough. My internal organs must be hoping that nothing else worth celebrating  happens in the next couple of weeks. I don't think they could cope with a lottery win.

No comments:

Post a Comment